Worth more in Oregon or So. Cal?

6 replies to this topic
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted February 02, 2002 - 09:52 PM

It looks like I'm moving back to San Diego and I'm wondering if I should take my bike or sell it before I leave. Is it worth more in the pacific NW or in So. Cal? I did double check today and the 8th digit of my VIN is a "W". I believe that this means that it will be green stickerable.

• Steve_Claus

Posted February 02, 2002 - 11:12 PM

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:

I did double check today and the 8th digit of my VIN is a "W". I believe that this means that it will be green stickerable.

Must be nice... :)

• Bryan Bosch

Posted February 03, 2002 - 10:13 PM

Oh yes... :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted February 03, 2002 - 04:18 PM

I would imagine that a green sticker bike in California would be worth a little more. You are not trading it in to get a Katoom are you? :)

• BFLee

Posted February 04, 2002 - 07:29 PM

From what I have read it is the 8th position of the VIN that indicates if it will get a red or green sticker. If the 8th position is a '3' or 'C' it gets a red, anything else is green. A '99 WR is a green sticker bike. 2001 and later is red. I'm not sure about the 2000 model. See:

Do a search on http://www.cycletrader.com for your year and model bike. You can do searches by state and get a good idea what the bike is going for in different areas. When I search for stuff in California it seems like 75% of the bikes for sale are in or around San Diego, so you might have some competition for buyers down there.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted February 06, 2002 - 12:12 PM

Why on earth would you want to move back to California after living in Oregon??????????
Makes no sense to me unless maybe you want to eat better and more often. Fill me in.
Thanx Jim

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted February 06, 2002 - 12:15 PM

Another question!!!! why sell the bike or is the whole state of California now closed to off road vehicles??????? Jim

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.