Who needs a Top End on a YZ450 in AZ?

7 replies to this topic
  • Martys

Posted April 26, 2007 - 05:50 AM

Friends,

Motopower Video Productions makes instructional DVD's on bike maintenance. One of the DVD's that we want to film in the next few weeks is a Top End on a YZ450F. Unfortunately, none of my friends own one right now.

Here's the deal: if you're willing to drop the bike off and pick it up in the Gilbert/Queen Creek (AZ) area between now and early next week then we'll do the top end and have it done before the next weekend. It won't be free but we want to cover some of the cost so we'll do it for $300 which includes the labor and parts (piston kit, coolant, oil, gasket kit...). I think you would be pressed to get this done at a shop for under $750.

We're a legit business and we advertise on TT. You can check out our website and see the gap we want to fill on YZ450F top ends.
http://www.motopowervideo.com

We use a certified mechanic who works full time in a shop repairing motorcycles.

Please respond to this thread and PM me if you're interested or know of someone who's interested.

Thanks

• 642MX

Posted April 26, 2007 - 07:07 AM

Does the owner of the donor bike get royalties to each video sold? :applause:

• Martys

Posted April 26, 2007 - 10:32 AM

No, but they will get a new top end at a very reasonable price.

• BergArabia

Posted April 26, 2007 - 08:10 PM

My bike top end is great. But if I lived in Arizona and had some top end trouble I think this would be a good deal..
You would also be motivated to make sure a good job is done for testimonial opportunity later on.. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Budlite

Posted April 27, 2007 - 10:01 AM

I don't see how this is such a great deal. The parts are $161 plus shipping, oil, and coolant. This means you're charging a little over $100 in labor so that you can make the video you plan to sell......

• Ebs

Posted April 27, 2007 - 12:12 PM

I don't see how this is such a great deal.

Walk into a dealership and price how much that job would run, report back.

• jimmyg

Posted April 27, 2007 - 12:51 PM

Walk into a dealership and price how much that job would run, report back.

who in there right mind would go to a dealership for anything:confused:

• Martys

Posted April 27, 2007 - 02:31 PM

I should have spelledit out in more detail. I'm not trying to make any profit on the job. I'm just trying to cover the cost of parts and supplies. I knew $300 would cover everything we would need (except valves). What ever it costs is what we'll charge.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.