Right Side Hot Start????

8 replies to this topic
  • bg10459

Posted April 26, 2007 - 05:30 AM

Is anyone using a right side hot start lever on your WR450's?

I just plated my bike and the new control switch interferes with my GYT-R hot start lever. I was thinking of moving it to the right side, but I'm not sure if it will then interfere with the starter button. I'm also not sure if it will be a PITA to hit the hot start and the starter button on the same side.

I'd rather not spend the money for a new one just to find it won't work or it's going to really suck having both on the same side, so anyone with some helpful input, post up.:applause: :excuseme:

• WR_Dave

Posted April 26, 2007 - 05:49 AM

I had both on the right side for a few rides ,but found it to be a real PITA, so I changed it back. My bike isn't dual sported though. WR Dave.

• wr250frcr

Posted April 26, 2007 - 06:14 AM

This might help?? http://www.motoworld...-Hot-Start.html

• bg10459

Posted April 26, 2007 - 07:43 AM

This might help?? http://www.motoworld...-Hot-Start.html

That looks a lot like my GYT-R hot start lever. It moves it from the stock, index pull position on top to a thumb operated position on the bottom of the clutch perch, but it hits the new control switch. The only option, it seems, is to move it to the right side, but I also found a post where a guy machined a spacer that raised the lever up from it's stock location to clear the new switch.:applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stranglersfan

Posted April 26, 2007 - 01:50 PM

i used one of these for my hotstart on the right. levers in a better position to avoid accidently twisting the throttle when operating it. pricey though, but well worth it. http://www.asvinvent...Clamp/RCU05.php :applause:

• clark4131

Posted April 26, 2007 - 06:12 PM

Ditto...SC

Posted Image

• bg10459

Posted April 27, 2007 - 09:07 AM

i used one of these for my hotstart on the right. levers in a better position to avoid accidently twisting the throttle when operating it. pricey though, but well worth it. http://www.asvinvent...Clamp/RCU05.php :p

Ditto...SC

Posted Image

Nice. Thanks guys.:applause:
How do you feel about both being on the same side? Since it's on the top it might not be as much of a PITA as if it were on the bottom.:excuseme:

BTW Clark, it looks like you've got the Cycra triple clamp mount and I think you've got the submount, as well. Do the hand guards drop toward the center? Because mine do and I don't have the submount yet. I'm thinking about the solution mount to cure it. What bar bend are you using? Did you ever get those longer cables? Do you think they're absolutely necessary?
Thanks.

• clark4131

Posted April 27, 2007 - 11:52 AM

BTW Clark, it looks like you've got the Cycra triple clamp mount and I think you've got the submount, as well. Do the hand guards drop toward the center? Because mine do and I don't have the submount yet. I'm thinking about the solution mount to cure it. What bar bend are you using? Did you ever get those longer cables? Do you think they're absolutely necessary?
Thanks.

I don't have any issues with my handguards and the sub mount. I have the Henry/Reed bend ProTapers. I did get 2" longer cables and they were definitely needed...SC

• MaxPower

Posted April 27, 2007 - 07:21 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] I dont like the cheesy way Electro Sport told me to raise the hot start by stacking a 1/2 spacer under it. For now I just moved the lever over one hole to the right and tighented the bolt pretty well and it works fine.I am going to make a bracket to move the hot start over to the right to clear my switch out of a piece of aluminum when I get a moment. I like the Dr D hot start lever that mounts to the front brake perch,but I want them on opposite sides. I would be happy if I could get a old version of pull hot start to fit without any problems on my carb and get rid of the cable all together. There is so much crap on the WR as far as wires I would like to clean it up a little. Especially with the addition of the dual sport kit. I am going to get rid of the saftey on the clutch perch too. I was thinking of a speedo with a temp gauge, but again too much crap. I would like to adapt a wireless MTB speedo to the forks and get rid off the odometer cable too. [/COLOR]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.