01 426 valves..

3 replies to this topic
  • PATHPOUNDER

Posted April 25, 2007 - 08:28 PM

I bought this clean 01 426 in 05....11/05 checked the valves, made a small adjustment....checked them 5/06...opened exhaust .0005, intakes were fine..intakes were .006 / exhaust were .0095..checked them tonite after a year..they havent moved..approx 90 to 110 hours use in the last year..I was amazed, I just assumed I would have to make an adjustment..These Yamaha valve trains are awesome..

I dont ride any track..lots of desert roads and singletrack..Im not wide open very much at all..

• buzzgrizz

Posted April 26, 2007 - 12:14 PM

Way to go Yamaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426_kid

Posted April 26, 2007 - 12:21 PM

yami's prevail once again... the 426 is a great bike... not matter what kind of riding you do.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted April 27, 2007 - 04:23 AM

I bought this clean 01 426 in 05....11/05 checked the valves, made a small adjustment....checked them 5/06...opened exhaust .0005, intakes were fine..intakes were .006 / exhaust were .0095..checked them tonite after a year..they havent moved..approx 90 to 110 hours use in the last year..I was amazed, I just assumed I would have to make an adjustment..These Yamaha valve trains are awesome..

I dont ride any track..lots of desert roads and singletrack..Im not wide open very much at all..

similar story to mine...checked them when I got the bike and am about to do it again. I noticed they were pretty much on the nose last year and am hoping the same again.:applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.