lowered rear suspension

3 replies to this topic
  • SealClubber

Posted February 02, 2002 - 04:26 PM

I bought my bike used from a dealer and haven't been able to speak to the old owner yet. Today I was able to compare my bike to a new wr426. The other bike owner noticed that my bike was about 2-3 inches lower in the rear at full extension. The old owner was about 5'7 and 235lbs. Could he have had the shock shortened. If so, how do I return it to normal. Is it difficult or expensive? The manual doesn't mention how to do it. Anyone know how this is done?

Dan

• WR400_DDT

Posted February 03, 2002 - 09:25 AM

Dan -

Call Factory Connection and ask for Steve Fitch. He is a WR Guy! They lowered my bike and said it is fairly easy to raise it back to the stock height when I sell it. It probably just depends on who and how the previous owner had his work done.

Mine was done by changing the springs (rear shock and fork springs)and I believe shiming of some sort.

Good Luck.

Their number is 603/335-7023.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SealClubber

Posted February 03, 2002 - 11:19 AM

Thank you,
I will call him.

Dan

• Tom_Vervaeke

Posted February 03, 2002 - 02:31 PM

Dan:

It was nice meeting you on Saturday. Too bad there was too much snow to ride. Here's the name of the fellow up in Denver that my friend Ned and others I ride with like. I've not used him yet but will be going up in a week or two to have him re-charge my Ohlins shocks from one of my street bikes.

I still think your best bet is to contact the
original owner and find out exactly what he did. And, did he re-valve the forks as well?

Here's Ned's comments on Neil:

Anyway, I'm in no way affiliated with Neil- just a pleased customer. If you've got a shock that needs rebuilding or want to get it revalved, I think Neil could be your man. He charges $70 to rebuild (including oil and nitrogen) and $140
to rebuild and revalve. He offers free changes to the valving for 60 days as well.

Neil Hores
Hitchcock Industries
4003 S. Grant Street
Englewood, CO 80110-4705
303-761-4652

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.