edelbrock remote idle adjuster?

14 replies to this topic
  • ogrider650

Posted April 25, 2007 - 03:01 PM

ok mine is just kinda hanging there does someone make a bracket to affix that thing to the frame? or do i have to make one of my own?:applause:

• jesusgatos

Posted April 25, 2007 - 05:38 PM

I just routed mine around to the right side and used a line clamp (like this) that was slightly larger than the idle adjuster cale (so it could spin freely) to secure it to the rear bolt that hold the fuel petcock on the tank. It's held in place and is easy to reach down and fiddle with.

• InternalCombustion

Posted April 25, 2007 - 05:59 PM

I agree, leaving it hang free did not appeal to me either.

I fabbed a small aluminum bracket and bolted it down on the left side, using one of the existing engine accessory bolts. Then I just tie-wrapped the cable to that small bracket.

Once you reinstall the gas tank, the mounting is covered up and all you see is the last 2 inches or so of the cable and the knob on the end. Mounting it off the left side allows you to adjust the idle and blip the throttle at the same time.

Works for me.

• xr650l bum

Posted April 25, 2007 - 06:47 PM

I just installed my edie as well. Did not like the limpie dangling either! I routed it to the left side and rested it on the fuel line, then put a zip tie around both loose enough to let the adjust spin, but tight enough to keep the movement/play to a minimum. Knob is kind of heavy, but I use hose clamp on good fuel line, and the knob rests on top. Should have no issues. When taking the tank off, the zip tie can be slide down the line to remove without having to redo every time! .02

• 4Takt

Posted April 26, 2007 - 06:39 AM

Posted Image

• Agent2

Posted April 26, 2007 - 03:59 PM

4Takt's photo shows the way I did it. Those clamps are available in the electrical department of your local Lowes / Home Depot etc. I used a small one for the idle cable and a large one with a drilled out mounting hole attached to the top motor mount keeping the throttle cables tucked in tight to the frame, makes it easier to remove and install the gas tank.

• ogrider650

Posted April 26, 2007 - 08:22 PM

cool, thanks guys i'll head over to lowes to grab one

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650l bum

Posted April 26, 2007 - 08:28 PM

That is nice! There is nothing that nice to be done on the L. It does seem you guys with the R have to remove some stuff to adjust the needle on that carb.

• pbusanga

Posted May 02, 2007 - 04:58 AM

i just routed mine through the existing small clamp that holds the fuel overflow line. i rerouted the fuel line by clamping it with a cable tie to the other overflow lines.

• jesusgatos

Posted May 09, 2007 - 06:26 PM

I just re-mounted mine like the picture 4Takt posted. The IMS tank makes it kind of a tight fit, but I like it better than having it attached to the petcock bolt on the right side because I can take my tank off quicker now.

• 4Takt

Posted May 10, 2007 - 04:30 PM

I just wish Edelbrock would make a remote needle adjuster as well.

• jesusgatos

Posted May 10, 2007 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, having to remove the tank to adjust the jetting sucks. It's really not much quicker or easier than rejetting the stock carb.

• XR650Rrider

Posted May 10, 2007 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, having to remove the tank to adjust the jetting sucks. It's really not much quicker or easier than rejetting the stock carb.

Your kidding right?

I think holding the throttle wide open and turning an adjustment knob is easier than removing then disassembling the carb to change the needle settings. I do have to remove the tank (at least loosen) but thats about a 5 minute job.

• jesusgatos

Posted May 10, 2007 - 07:57 PM

No, I'm not kidding. I mean, it only takes a minute to drop the float bowl and change a jet. I know changing needle settings takes a bit longer.

• ogrider650

Posted May 11, 2007 - 07:51 AM

yeah it would be nice tobe able to adjust while out riding or whenever you see fit. but hey to me thats a small con the pro's outweigh that big time

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.