yzf gearing

4 replies to this topic
  • danny-goddard

Posted April 25, 2007 - 02:41 PM

hi there can anybody tell me whats the smallest rear sprocket you can get for my 426 as i have put it on the road and the gearing is all wrong ...my brothers wr leaves me for dead:mad: cheers danny

• Stripes123

Posted April 25, 2007 - 07:15 PM

Either a 39 or 40

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cetanefreek

Posted April 27, 2007 - 11:22 AM

I've been wondering about the feasability of putting a WR tranny in my yz426f I would prefer to have a wider range..... as in a slower first and faster 5th my top end suffers as well.... I ride everything from trails to wide open desert... so I would like to have the full range.... and with the wide torque band I don't see the need for the close ratio's mine came with.

• grayracer513

Posted April 27, 2007 - 12:54 PM

This has been done a number of times. It makes a good swap.

• cetanefreek

Posted May 06, 2007 - 06:07 PM

very nice! thanks gray, where would you say the best place to find one is? ebay? craigslist?

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.