06/07 Carb Access

2 replies to this topic
  • mmbasa

Posted April 24, 2007 - 05:58 PM

Is there any way to put a quickshot on an 06/07 without pulling the carb? I have one lying around but don't really want to pull the shock off to do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer24

Posted April 24, 2007 - 06:22 PM

-disconnect the hotstart plunger
-push the handle bar to where the side of the carb where the housing is (right) so you get more slack
and unscrew both hose clamps and then tilt the carb towards you
-you might also disconnect the TPS connector

i would just take it out, to inspect it...you might as well...you pretty much have to do the same thing, in addition to removing the subframe

• BrentisDead

Posted April 24, 2007 - 08:07 PM

Yes it is very easy. I just did this on my 06 450. There are four 3mm allen bolts that hold the float chamber to the carb. They are a little tight to get to but with a little patience you will have them out in a minute. The whole float chamber will drop off with the AP cover attached. Swap the AP covers out and re-assemble. done and done.

ps drain fuel out of the float first :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.