carburator access nightmare (Rant)

2 replies to this topic
  • xrmarty

Posted April 24, 2007 - 11:54 AM

I just rejetted my 07. This is the fourth rejet job under my belt - all on different bikes. By far this was the hardest of them all. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get to the carb. I felt like I had to take the whole bike apart! I sure hope I don't have to go back there again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • custom-cruiser

Posted April 24, 2007 - 12:02 PM

AMEN :applause:

• SXP

Posted April 24, 2007 - 12:05 PM

I just rejetted my 07. This is the fourth rejet job under my belt - all on different bikes. By far this was the hardest of them all. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get to the carb. I felt like I had to take the whole bike apart! I sure hope I don't have to go back there again.

Two quick tips to make this job easier: one - remove the upper engine mounting brackets - opens up a lot of room, and two - when re-assembling put the shock in place but DO NOT bolt up either end. This allows you to move the shock to the side and makes it easier to slip the air boot on over the lip of the carb bell. Once done, then bolt up the shock.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.