radiator gaurds

12 replies to this topic
  • scooterman

Posted April 24, 2007 - 11:42 AM

im new to this forum (moved up from a crf 230) and was wandering what the best radiator gaurds are i have a
99 yz400 and am looking at renewing it and when i do im going with good stuff any suggestions appreciated

chris

• WB450

Posted April 24, 2007 - 12:32 PM

Zip Ty, less than a pound.:applause:

Posted Image

• 6fiddy

Posted April 24, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Unabiker rad guards are crazy strong. You get a "cage" that surronds the radiator as well as a guard in the front. They are much more than simple roost protection, they protect you from SERIOUS side impact and crashes. Check them out, they are heavy hard core...

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted April 24, 2007 - 01:24 PM

Zip Ty, less than a pound.:applause:

When did ZipTy start making them in that color? They used to be silver.

• WB450

Posted April 24, 2007 - 01:41 PM

When did ZipTy start making them in that color? They used to be silver.

Not sure, this was the only choice I was given.:applause:

• mxbuz

Posted April 24, 2007 - 05:23 PM

My vote goes to Moose, Strong and look good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crashhard_17

Posted April 24, 2007 - 07:24 PM

i just got the Devol guards, as soon as i get them and have a ride i will post. but my dad has had them on his bike for 8 yrs and they are still really strong.

• wrecking crew

Posted April 25, 2007 - 05:50 AM

i second the unabiker, they provide the most protection than any other on the market. You can also get them in various colors of your choice. As 6fiddy stated, they have rods on the front and back of the radiator and actually attach each radiator together and to the frame. This prevents the radiator from folding back and also keeps them from crushing in case of a side impact. You will not be sorry if you purchase these guards.

• 426_kid

Posted April 25, 2007 - 12:50 PM

I think my bike has works connection but i may be wrong on that one... ill have to check. now you got me curious

Posted April 25, 2007 - 01:54 PM

My Devol's are terrible - I don't suggest using their rad cages... I'm regretting it.

• scooterman

Posted April 25, 2007 - 05:46 PM

thanks for the suggestions

• rideawn

Posted April 26, 2007 - 06:21 AM

Whichever product is used, they should be one of the first mods made, IMHO. Wish I would have followed my own advice before last weekend :applause:

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted April 26, 2007 - 07:31 AM

I just ordered the new Unibiker rad guard for the '07 WR450 in anodized Blue.

I'll report on the install and include pictures.

-Jay

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.