New WR450, Fuel spitting out tank vent

5 replies to this topic
  • don319

Posted April 24, 2007 - 04:09 AM

My new WR spits fuel out the tank cap vent hose. How can I fix it? The 1-way check is in the proper orientation and the hose is not plugged or kinked.

• woodsk

Posted April 24, 2007 - 04:28 AM

previously the WRs came with a check valve in the hose. not sure about the 07s if it is there make sure it is not backwards. and if not then I would get one.

• Paradiddle

Posted April 24, 2007 - 11:55 AM

Hey Don!

Mine (and several others) did it too!

I cut a small piece of air-filter foam, and installed it inside the cap vent (take the cap apart- 3 screws). Be sure to use air-filter, or fuel rated foam.

I guess the fuel squirts in faster than it can get out, so the foam blocks a lot of the splash. No more leaks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • don319

Posted April 24, 2007 - 01:51 PM

Thanks, that is exactly what I was wondering about. I will give it a try.

• 450high

Posted April 24, 2007 - 01:54 PM

how fulls the tank ?

• gregwr450f

Posted April 24, 2007 - 02:40 PM

get the dealer to fix it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.