Tons of Aluminum Shavings in my oil...Tons..

3 replies to this topic
  • thecirque

Posted April 23, 2007 - 08:57 PM

So I figured out my problem...it was a clutch problem.

My question is how do I rinse out or ensure that I have as much of this crap cleaned out before I put it back together?

I've removed screens, replaced oil filter, etc. What else needs to happen as this goes back together to make sure I'm not missing something?

Clogged oil feeder tubes? hoses? I'm sure I'm missing something.

Please help!!

• scotty v-squared

Posted April 23, 2007 - 09:35 PM

if its aluminum then maybe it isn't such a big deal bro.. its softer than any gears or parts you'll have in the motor so will just flatten if it does come into contact with engine components.

if i was you i'd change the oil -and filter- three times. run it a few minutes. change. repeat.

filters are cheap right?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted April 24, 2007 - 08:18 AM

NO NO NO it is a big deal you do not want that metal in there it will do damage even though its soft aluminum take your time and flush everything like lines and all the nooks and crannies. Do it right while u got it apart and it wont give you a headache down the road!

• BLSBRKR65

Posted April 25, 2007 - 05:42 PM

First of all, i would check to see where the metal shavings are coming from? I would disassemble the oil pump and remove the side cases and rinse out the frame. Metallic shavings are a no no for any engine. Diagnose then clean up. Just my 2 cents.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.