Thinking about New seat cover

11 replies to this topic
  • Rangerfng

Posted April 23, 2007 - 10:48 AM

:excuseme: Hey guys. Since i got beat on my seat on e-bay. (Meaning the guy got paid and a never got the seat) I am thinking about re-covering my current. seat. I was on the XR'S only site and contacted them they tell me the XR 600r seat will fit the 650l. TT has also made a few calls for me. Thanks guys, :applause: with the same results. I like the factory effex covers but do not see the correct size. or maybe i am missing it. The Gutts seat is out because my buddy just got one. Any of you guys that re-covered your seat give me some feed back and some pics if possible Thanks.

The bike is almost done took it for a spin around the block today

• xr500_89

Posted April 23, 2007 - 11:25 AM

get a ceet cover perfect fit check out mine in my sig

• Rangerfng

Posted April 23, 2007 - 03:57 PM

wont let me get to thread GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Nailpounder

Posted April 23, 2007 - 04:15 PM

:excuseme: Hey guys. Since i got beat on my seat on e-bay. (Meaning the guy got paid and a never got the seat) I am thinking about re-covering my current. seat. I was on the XR'S only site and contacted them they tell me the XR 600r seat will fit the 650l. TT has also made a few calls for me. Thanks guys, :applause: with the same results. I like the factory effex covers but do not see the correct size. or maybe i am missing it. The Gutts seat is out because my buddy just got one. Any of you guys that re-covered your seat give me some feed back and some pics if possible Thanks.

The bike is almost done took it for a spin around the block today

I've been sending my seats to a guy that does great work.
He charges me 30.00 labor an mat.to recover my XR's seat. Black in the middle an red on the side. He will also rework the foam if it needs it.

• exaresix

Posted April 23, 2007 - 04:42 PM

Ceet seat cover = $60 (they don't make one for XR600 that I can see)

Honda OEM = $60 (fits perfectly, looks good)

• Nailpounder

Posted April 23, 2007 - 04:58 PM

Ceet seat cover = $60 (they don't make one for XR600 that I can see)

Honda OEM = $60 (fits perfectly, looks good)

It's hard to beat OEM seat covers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • caffd01

Posted April 23, 2007 - 06:46 PM

Hey Ranger - I just put a XR600 CEET Seat cover in the Honda Parts For Sale section. I guess I should have checked here first.

It is red with black front/sides and white 600R on the sides. Email me at caffd01@charter.net for a pic.

Later
Don

• Rangerfng

Posted April 24, 2007 - 02:26 AM

Thank you would like to see pics

• caffd01

Posted April 24, 2007 - 08:43 AM

Hmmm. I can't seem to insert an image.

Email me at caffd01@charter.net and I will reply with a picture.

Don

• black in RI

Posted April 24, 2007 - 08:48 AM

doyou need an aircompressor powered stapler to do put the seat cover on? or will a regular heavy duty (non officetype but garagebased) stapler do to push thru the seat plastic?

• TDC71

Posted April 24, 2007 - 09:03 AM

I used just a normal staple gun, but make sure u get the shorty staples or it will go through the outer seat cover.

Todd

• Rangerfng

Posted April 25, 2007 - 05:04 AM

Thanks guys!! anyone have any seat pics

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.