IMS 07 YZ450 tank onto 07WR with no mods!!!

11 replies to this topic
  • fitzy

Posted April 23, 2007 - 04:12 AM

Did a search and found people have been fitting these tanks with a few mods either to the seat or spacing the rear mount on the tank to get them to fit properly onto the WR's
Went to put mine on today and found the same thing. Seat wont line up to get the bolts in.
Dug a little deeper into it and all you have to do is fit 2 washers under the seat locating pin on the tank. The flat black washer thing.
By lifting it up about 3mm, the seat will slide on and everything lines up perfect. So don't go cutting your seat up as some have suggested:eek: :applause: no need
Hope this helps a few people out. You do still need the YZ shrouds though
Cheers:thumbsup:

• custom-cruiser

Posted April 23, 2007 - 06:54 AM

Pics????

• xrmarty

Posted April 23, 2007 - 08:13 AM

I just put mine on (part#117327 ) It is listed by IMS for 07 both the yz and wr. If your going to put it on the wr you will need to use YZ radiator shrouds too.

Posted Image

• Greenroom

Posted April 23, 2007 - 08:52 AM

Very cool keeping the black tank. thanks for the heads up. :applause:

• msgbean

Posted April 23, 2007 - 09:02 AM

xrmarty if you could I would like to see the other side please with the seat on preferably.

• xrmarty

Posted April 23, 2007 - 09:58 AM

xrmarty if you could I would like to see the other side please with the seat on preferably.

no sweat. I'll do it in a few...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted April 23, 2007 - 10:40 AM

Here's a few pix of my tank. Black IMS tanks for the 07 are on special order basis at this time. I'm sure that will change soon as time goes by.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fancy shmancy gas cap from Project 321. (this one actually came off my XR, a blue is on the way:busted: )

Posted Image

Posted Image

You will need a longer fuel line. As you can see in the picture the fuelcock is way forward and the original fuel line won't reach

Posted Image

• BikeDestroyer

Posted April 23, 2007 - 12:35 PM

You won't need a longer fuel line.....just turn the petcock around....it will be more difficult to turn on/off, but works just fine.

• WR_Dave

Posted April 23, 2007 - 12:37 PM

I used a fuel petcock from a '02 WR 426 and put it on the IMS tank so the outlet port is in the right direction. It was pretty cheap from the dealer. WR Dave.

• msgbean

Posted April 23, 2007 - 01:03 PM

xmarty is that a 3.1 Gal?

• SXP

Posted April 23, 2007 - 05:11 PM

The air box vents, where did you get them from? Do they make a difference in power? And what do you do when you wash the bike to keep the filter from getting wet?

• xrmarty

Posted April 23, 2007 - 09:36 PM

I used a fuel petcock from a '02 WR 426 and put it on the IMS tank so the outlet port is in the right direction. It was pretty cheap from the dealer. WR Dave.

thanx dave. I will definitely check out this option

xmarty is that a 3.1 Gal?

yes

The air box vents, where did you get them from?

I made them at my garage

Do they make a difference in power?

I don't know yet. I just rejetted the bike last night. I'm gonna take it to Doves Springs next week for it's maiden ride. (bought the bike 2 weeks ago)

And what do you do when you wash the bike to keep the filter from getting wet?

I will have to figure that out as time goes (never washed the bike yet). I'll start by being very careful. If that doesn't work I may have to plug/tape them off:banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.