My season is already over!!

7 replies to this topic
  • Wicked Xtreme

Posted April 22, 2007 - 10:43 PM

I had an accident at work and blew out my knee. I didn't realize how bad it was until I went in for surgery this past Tuesday. But I did get to ride once to try out my 1000$ factory connection suspension and my rekluse. Both worked awesome, still need some adjusting though. Anyway, I was in the O.R for about 5 hrs as the doc hammered and drilled and all sorts of crap. Turned out he had installed 10 screws and some new wiring in my knee. And then to top it off, I get pneumonia and have to go back to the hospital. What a lousy week. I guess now I am going to be camera operator and spectator for a while. Ride safe and have a great season boys. Hopefully I can get one race in before the season closes, or I'm gonna move to my house in Fl. permanently.

• steve_97060

Posted April 23, 2007 - 10:39 AM

I had an accident at work and blew out my knee. I didn't realize how bad it was until I went in for surgery this past Tuesday. But I did get to ride once to try out my 1000$ factory connection suspension and my rekluse. Both worked awesome, still need some adjusting though. Anyway, I was in the O.R for about 5 hrs as the doc hammered and drilled and all sorts of crap. Turned out he had installed 10 screws and some new wiring in my knee. And then to top it off, I get pneumonia and have to go back to the hospital. What a lousy week. I guess now I am going to be camera operator and spectator for a while. Ride safe and have a great season boys. Hopefully I can get one race in before the season closes, or I'm gonna move to my house in Fl. permanently.

wow, sounds like a tough break...hope you heal up quick....

• BergArabia

Posted April 25, 2007 - 07:37 AM

hey I hope you heal quickly..
Florida sounds good now. But you'll want to move back in a few weeks..

• StPeters21

Posted April 25, 2007 - 06:43 PM

I just went through the whole knee blowing out thing last year in March. I tore 3 of the 4 ligaments. I'm sorry to hear what you are going through (it's tough). I'm finally getting better now. It will take at least 5-6 months before you ride easily. I'm still not 100% and my surgery was May 9th last year. Good Luck man hope all gets better. You'll get to ride again just don't push it and make sure the knee is healthy 1st!

Chad

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StPeters21

Posted April 25, 2007 - 06:44 PM

Actually the picture in my avitar is the day that I tore my knee up :applause:

• warrior86

Posted April 25, 2007 - 07:02 PM

i know how you feel. Im still recovering from hernia surgery. This nice weather is killing me. im dying to ride. Atleast i have a mustang as well:thumbsup:

• ____Kurt____

Posted April 25, 2007 - 07:22 PM

man that sux, my friend broke his collar bone and need 2 TI plates and 8 rods and can't ride for a while if that makes you feel better :applause: jk man, hope you get better soon and enjoy your new beast

• Wicked Xtreme

Posted May 01, 2007 - 11:07 PM

update!!! First day of P.T was today and man did it suck!!!!! Oh well, if it helps me heal faster I am gonna have to do it. The P.T said I am doing great, I already have about 100 degrees flex. I can't push it to straighten it out though, it may cause more damage. She did say with any luck and some hard work I will be back to work:cry: and back on the bike:thumbsup: in about 2 months. I might be able to dial in my suspension finally. Later

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.