Front brake question?

4 replies to this topic
  • 14hockey

Posted April 22, 2007 - 05:19 PM

I just got back into riding last year after 10 years . I ride a Wr450f and I flip the clutch lever to the right side because I was born with one Arm .I use a prosthetic arm on my left side ,No problem.I used to put the front brake on the back side of the throttle but now when I do that the reservoir on the brake is upside down and unusable .Is there a wheel drum conversion or a reservoir that can be mounted out of the way and use cable to the brake lever.Or maybe a horizontal reservoir for front brake use.I have talked to a few people but all I've gotten are theories .I'am looking to remody this soon ,any help would be appreciated.

• baja4lif3

Posted April 22, 2007 - 05:22 PM

You dont need a front brake! its a four stroke thats why we have engine breaking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 14hockey

Posted April 22, 2007 - 08:48 PM

You dont need a front brake! its a four stroke thats why we have engine breaking.

Ya ,I know you don't need a front brake until you need a front brake .
Some of the mountains we go on and Down would be more easily handled if you could use a front brake when you need it.

• BigIan

Posted April 22, 2007 - 10:22 PM

Could you run both brakes off the foot pedal?

• waynus

Posted April 22, 2007 - 11:08 PM

've only got theories for you but u may not have heard them
1. Get a rekluse
2. Use a KTM clutch lever for your front brake. You'll need to check that the bore size is similar
3. Get a brake lever off of a sportsbike that has a remote reservoir and get it resleeved to the same internal diameter of the WR.

I use front brake 90% so I know what you mean. Good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.