First ride of year and Dr D ride report

7 replies to this topic
  • The Italian Stallion

Posted April 22, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Yesterday I had my first ride of the year and man it felt great! These damn Canadian winters are long! Even though I have been pumping iron all winter Popeye was jealous of my forarms after 2 laps! Anyway this was also my first ride with my new Dr D exhaust and rad kit. Now I consider myself to be a tell it like it is person and not the type to pump up a product just because I spent the $ on it. I have to say I am very happy with this pipe.The instant I started it up I could feel the throttle response differance and when I rode it all day I was pleased with the increase on the bottom end wch is what I was looking for but it also ripped right threw the powerband nicely I've read varied reports but this pipe gets the thumbs up from me. I did notice an improvment with the rads lowering kit the front felt a liittle more planted entering rutted turns.all and all I am happy. Can't wait for next weekend!

• twenty34

Posted April 22, 2007 - 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=jason susi;I was pleased with the increase on the bottom end wch is what I was looking for but it also ripped right threw the powerband nicely I've read varied reports but this pipe gets the thumbs up from me. I did notice an improvment with the rads lowering kit the front felt a liittle more planted entering rutted turns.all and all I am happy. Can't wait for next weekend![/QUOTE]

The pipe doesn't help much on the bottom, but really improves as you get into the meat of the powerband where it really shines. I think most confuse the increase they feel in the midrange with the bottom end. Either way, still a solid pipe that works!

• DPW

Posted April 22, 2007 - 07:27 PM

I think most confuse the increase they feel in the midrange with the bottom end. Either way, still a solid pipe that works!

confused I guess...but I like my Dr.D on my '06..helped the power everywhere...IMHO

• steve_97060

Posted April 22, 2007 - 07:32 PM

I am planning on getting the DR. D pipe, but I am waiting until motosport has the new 07 version in, i also plan on getting the rad lowering kit...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 22, 2007 - 08:44 PM

I was pleased with the increase on the bottom end wch is what I was looking for but it also ripped right threw the powerband nicely

Odd. That's the same impression I had with mine. I guess we're all confused.

• bedell99

Posted April 23, 2007 - 07:23 AM

Does anybody even stock the new 07 version yet

Erik

• LVThumper

Posted April 23, 2007 - 07:48 PM

I just got the call from TT this afternoon, my Dr. D is in!!!! :p I will swing by during my lunch tomorrow and put it on when I get home!! I guess I'll be "waking the neighbors" again!! :applause:

BTW - Just order your pipe from the TT store. I know I'm spoiled and can run over and pick my stuff up, but the customer service and pricing are 2nd to NONE!! :excuseme:

• buzzgrizz

Posted April 24, 2007 - 04:56 PM

Odd. That's the same impression I had with mine. I guess we're all confused.

Same here, it really helped on bottom end. Dr.D:thumbsup: :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.