Gearing?

2 replies to this topic
  • baja4lif3

Posted April 22, 2007 - 12:16 PM

I have a 01 426 and i go to the dunes and want to be able to grab 4th gear up the hill or possibly 5th. I can grab some of 4th or rev it out in 3rd. What kind of gearing should i run im runnin stock gearing 14 and 50. It only has yz pipe and free mods

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vancecantdance

Posted April 29, 2007 - 04:51 AM

i just asked the same question sort of my buddy is geared 14 51 01 426 and has plenty of pulling power all through the gears esp in 5th but loses a bit of top end compared to my stock wr 450 he is jetted and piped hoped that helped a bit

• wes_scooter

Posted April 29, 2007 - 05:36 AM

i have a stock geared 06 450 and a friend has a 03 450 with 13, 50 grears. same dunes we run even...no power probblems. we geared him down for the woods stuff...really helped for that. would prolly get u what ur looking for.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.