Looking for WR426F motor

7 replies to this topic
  • Paul_in_Wa

Posted February 01, 2002 - 10:33 PM

I expect this is a long shot, but if anyone stumbles across a WR426F being parted out and it has a running motor, please drop me a line. I'm looking to pick up a motor with all electronics for a project.

Send mail to SlapDummy@hotmail.com

Thanks,
PLammer

• Ga426owner

Posted February 01, 2002 - 10:47 PM

Please tell me it is not for a ChainSaw Competition!

• Ronin

Posted February 01, 2002 - 12:04 PM

Paul, I think Yamaha sells the YZ426 engines for go carts. you might try on Yamaha's web site.

Later,
Ronin

• Ronin

Posted February 01, 2002 - 12:05 PM

Paul, I think Yamaha sells the YZ426 engines for go carts. you might try on Yamaha's web site.

Later,
Ronin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Paul_in_Wa

Posted February 01, 2002 - 12:58 PM

Man, that would be one heck of a chain saw.

No, I'm looking into building a road race bike. I'm still figuring out what frame I'd use, but possibly a TZ or RS racebike frame. FZR400 frame would work too, just depends on what I come across.

I didn't know the 4 stroke motors were used in carts. I thought only the YZ125 motors were used. I'll check out the Yamaha site and see what I come across.

Also, it wouldn't have to be a Yamaha motor, A KTM 520 motor, or the like, would be good too. Staying blue is preferred though.

PLammer

• huskyrider

Posted February 01, 2002 - 07:25 PM

Paul,
I don't know how much coin your willing to part with, but I saw a thread a few days ago about a
CRF450R crate engine on EBAY.
Try their search for CRF450 all subjects.
I believe it was 0 bids on a $3100.00 entry bid.
GOOD LUCK on your project.

• Scott_F

Posted February 04, 2002 - 06:15 AM

My friend has a disassembled motor that he will probably sell cheap. Let me know if you are interested.

• SFO

Posted February 04, 2002 - 10:17 PM

I am interested in a motor or whole bike as well.

bill@mossmachine.com

Please let me know.
Bill

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.