dead battery

2 replies to this topic
  • wes_scooter

Posted April 21, 2007 - 04:40 PM

i guess i left the ignition on my 06' 450 on for a few days and the battery went dead. it was inside so it dident feeze but now it wont take a charge. i went riding today just kicking it to start and had probblems about a mile into the trail...bike way popping and wouldent idol...bike is very hard to start with the kick starter also....it ran fine before i put gas in it. it may be bad gas but could it be the electrical also...dont know why the batt wont charge. very weird. any sugestions...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Paul

Posted April 22, 2007 - 02:23 PM

i guess i left the ignition on my 06' 450 on for a few days and the battery went dead. it was inside so it dident feeze but now it wont take a charge. i went riding today just kicking it to start and had probblems about a mile into the trail...bike way popping and wouldent idol...bike is very hard to start with the kick starter also....it ran fine before i put gas in it. it may be bad gas but could it be the electrical also...dont know why the batt wont charge. very weird. any sugestions...

This battery doesn't seem to like to be brought back from the dead. Mine got partially discharged and I didn't have a charger to bring it back right away, and it soon completely died. I now try and use the battery for hot starts only and throw it on a battery tender after I ride.

Paul

• Asgeir

Posted April 22, 2007 - 06:41 PM

I was able to refresh mine after two incidents like this, I thought I would have to buy a new one but now it seems to be fine.

I try to throw a small trick charger on it once a month to refresh this small battery.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.