Stoked !

2 replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted February 01, 2002 - 08:05 AM

Yes.....my teardown is mostly complete.
Valves : First time I redid the gaps...no problemo. But....snipped a zip tie on the timing chains to get it free and HAAAAAAAAAAAA a bit of plastic fell down in the hole !!!! I went to the hardware store an bought one of thos long grabby things with a plunger&spring action....30 seconds later the little bastad was in the trash. Phew.
Jetting for Stroker & FMF : Main Jet up to 160 from 150. I finally got a new starter jet in there as well after de-octopussing. Some idiot had an 85 yes 85 in there (I bought it second hand). No wonder I fouled my plug in the cold weather. 60 fits very well in there now.
Foot peg mod : Cut the barrels off and had them rewelded for 6$! The guy even spray painted them again !!

And best of all......started on second kick after 6 weeks of stagnating in sub zero temps with my amateurish wrenching on top of it.

I'm stoked, especially as its forecast to be warm tomorrow. I just have to get rid of this stinking cold & flu now !!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted February 01, 2002 - 08:28 AM

Whew!!
That was a close one Missile, you almost had to fly my wife out to use her secret weapon. On how to retreive objects from inside your motor. :)

SoCal

• The_Missile

Posted February 03, 2002 - 02:31 AM

Socal...it was like deja-vu ! Did your hair stand straight up when you said haaaaaaaggghhh as well ??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.