Some first ride observations

3 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted April 21, 2007 - 09:13 AM

Suspension is very nice, jetting is WAY lean, engine has very little mechanical noise - especially considering it's air cooled.

• pianoexcellence

Posted April 21, 2007 - 09:24 AM

Hey bibleman,

Welcome to the club...If I were you, i would do the Dave's mods, you'll wonder how the bike even worked without them!!

I agree about the suspension...people always trash on the bike because it has soft suspension. It is soft, but it is also really progressive. I think it is a great balance for fast dirt road ripping.

Having said that, don't jump unless the transitions are perfect, it will bottom out in stock setting on most larger jumps.

Enjoy your pig like I do!!

and when that sexy KTM rolls by, remember the commitment you made to the carefree life of XR ridership!!:applause:

She aint purdy, but she gets the job done.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bibleman

Posted April 21, 2007 - 09:28 AM

I hear ya Piano. All necessary items for Dave's mods + are on the way. I assume from your handle you're a musician?

PS One more observation - a ton and a half of fun!

• gregman_1

Posted April 21, 2007 - 09:47 AM

and when that sexy KTM rolls by, remember the commitment you made to the carefree life of XR ridership!!:excuseme:

She aint purdy, but she gets the job done.

I happen to think the XR400R/600R are some of the best looking trail bikes out there.:applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.