• albertlui

Posted April 21, 2007 - 07:54 AM

06WR450 after 7500KM
do i need to relpace the front sprocket immediately? :applause:

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Kasjok

Posted April 21, 2007 - 08:04 AM

I would like to know how do you understand that now it`s time to change your sprockets and chain? Of course you can`t wait until chain snaps, but still...

I just replaced my chain with D.I.D X- ring chain and sprockets with PBR sprockets. Are these quality products?

• 642MX

Posted April 21, 2007 - 08:33 AM

Your front sprocket looks like its had better days. IMO you should replace them as a set (chain, rear sprocket, front sprocket)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted April 21, 2007 - 08:33 AM

I just replaced my chain with D.I.D X- ring chain and sprockets with PBR sprockets. Are these quality products?

Yep, those are good products. :applause:

• albertlui

Posted April 21, 2007 - 09:35 AM

Your front sprocket looks like its had better days. IMO you should replace them as a set (chain, rear sprocket, front sprocket)

but the rear sprocket looks can run some more thousands of KM

• El Marko

Posted April 21, 2007 - 09:40 AM

If one needs replacement and the other is worn as well, both should be replaced.

Sprockets are meant to be replaced regularly. They're not family heirlooms. The same with chains.

• msgbean

Posted April 21, 2007 - 07:16 PM

But at a minimum you should replace the front sprocket before you break the teeth off.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.