Works Connection Skid Plate for 650R?

4 replies to this topic
  • jesusgatos

Posted April 20, 2007 - 09:51 PM

I covered the inside of my Works Connection skid plate with DynaMat 'Xtreme'. http://i27.photobuck...on/000_0079.jpg . It's available from high end car stereo shops , has an adhesive backed layer on one side, a very thin and dense rubberized middle, ang a foil covering on top, and it had an amazing result.A guy at suggested it.
Yeah, I had the plate anodized red because I'm an idiot who spends money foolishly on this hobby !
It was about 25 bucks, and the minimum I could only get was enough for about 3 skid plates, so I hooked up a couple brothers. Very,very impressive . Doug

I saw this posted in another thread and thought it looked like a really nice skid plate, but I don't see them listed on Works Connection website. Did they stop making them?

Posted Image

• jesusgatos

Posted April 21, 2007 - 09:18 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drop

Posted April 23, 2007 - 06:39 AM

That looks like a CRF plate. I think it would leave the coolant resevoir vulnerable on the XR. The Dynamat is a great idea if you plan on changing from the stock skid plate.

• jesusgatos

Posted April 23, 2007 - 07:09 AM

Ah, good call. It was posted in this forum, but maybe it wasn't for a 650.

• jbird710

Posted April 23, 2007 - 08:01 AM

I just put one on from the TT store an it worked great this last weekend.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.