Kickback warning: Is there something wrong

24 replies to this topic
  • JSanfilippo

Posted April 22, 2008 - 01:06 PM

Just curious. For those that have experienced the kickback, how often does it happen?

• grayracer513

Posted April 22, 2008 - 01:11 PM

I just got back from Urgent Care with a nasty ankle sprain from trying to kickstart my 2005 WR450. I had been riding it about 30 seconds and I killed it (still cold). When the estart didn't fire it off right away, I tried kick starting it. About the 3rd kick, it kicked back HARD my foot went instantly numb. Is there supposed to be some anti-kickback feature or does this just happen from time to time?

Paul

Curious; was the bike in gear when it it kicked you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 22, 2008 - 01:17 PM

Just curious. For those that have experienced the kickback, how often does it happen?

It happened to me once, on a YZ450, under similar circumstances. No "real" damage, but nearly broke my foot right through my A-stars. Hardest I've ever been kicked by anything. Like being shot in the bottom of the foot.

• byggd

Posted April 22, 2008 - 02:10 PM

My bike has never kicked back. Maybe the 426 didn't have this problem?

• C-P

Posted April 22, 2008 - 02:23 PM

In case no one noticed, the original post here is a year old...but hey, everyone says to use search. Let's hear it for the search!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.