who hoo got a new toy

15 replies to this topic
  • ogrider650

Posted April 20, 2007 - 09:58 AM

denise at barums is great free shipping and i got it overnight gonna put it on tonight
Posted Image

• Agent2

Posted April 20, 2007 - 10:18 AM

Easy starting, quick throttle response, no bog, no choke. Congrats - you will love it.

• TDC71

Posted April 20, 2007 - 10:18 AM

Looks like X-Mas came early for you.:worthy: Post up the performance results when you get it dialed in.:thumbsup:

Todd

• ogrider650

Posted April 20, 2007 - 01:29 PM

will do im like a kid waitning to open xmas presents

• asf

Posted April 20, 2007 - 02:36 PM

Rob and denise took good care of me too. I love mine. I still have to figure out a little studder I get at 5K but with the knob its a pretty simple orderal. No removing on, off, just click and ride, I can even adjust it without removing the side panels!

• hill5150

Posted April 20, 2007 - 04:43 PM

The eddie kicks azz....Rob built my 680 bike is great.............

• ogrider650

Posted April 20, 2007 - 04:47 PM

threw it on took me about 1/2 hour still gotta deal with handguards n such but man what a differnece!!! big time in the rain i was sliding out at just a little blip then i layed it over just to see and it still kept on running on it's right side I love that thing gonna test it out at a race next weekend just the fact that it wont flood is worth the money alone

• InternalCombustion

Posted April 20, 2007 - 05:25 PM

Sweet mod.

To me, the instant response is the biggie. I just love to blip my baby now.

Enjoy!

Ride safe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted April 20, 2007 - 09:18 PM

Goood! Enjoy!:applause:

• Bibleman

Posted April 21, 2007 - 04:54 AM

May I ask what kind of carb that is and if it's plug and play?

• ogrider650

Posted April 21, 2007 - 10:26 AM

May I ask what kind of carb that is and if it's plug and play?

edelbrock pumper pretty much plug n play tooh bout half hour to install(minus dealing with handguards) got it here http://www.barnumspr...vlet/StoreFront
ask for denise really helpful. i haven't fully tested it but from what i have i really like what it feels like.

• Bibleman

Posted April 21, 2007 - 05:05 PM

Thanks, please keep us posted on the results:ride: ,

• bluerock5

Posted April 22, 2007 - 05:07 AM

Ditto's on all the good stuff said about the carb - the only downside is that it's no longer a quick flick of the throttle for WOT - you really have to rotate the hell out of your wrist to get wide open throttle. Perhaps then, is a quicker throttle cam available?

• Roll_it_on

Posted April 22, 2007 - 07:50 AM

I know the first time I layed the bike over in the tight stuff and when I got it back up and with one lazy kick she fired right up it was worth every penny. I could tell the bike ran better all around with the Eddie carb. I sold my BRP some time ago and have since purchased another one since I realized I am a big torque guy. This will be one of my first mods. Enjoy :applause:

• Agent2

Posted April 22, 2007 - 10:12 AM

OG - one thing you might want to keep an eye on is the top front right corner of the carb rubbing a hole in the tank. Round off that sharp corner with a file to prevent a potential disaster.

• ogrider650

Posted April 22, 2007 - 11:27 AM

OG - one thing you might want to keep an eye on is the top front right corner of the carb rubbing a hole in the tank. Round off that sharp corner with a file to prevent a potential disaster.

will do i'll take a look at that thanks agent

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.