blowing globes on wr450 04 model please help

7 replies to this topic
  • paswr450

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:44 PM

my wr450 seems to be blowing globes,i am suspecting the rectifier could be faulty,could someone please confirm this for me and let me know what is the correct voltage out of the rectifier. much appreciated

• SXP

Posted April 20, 2007 - 06:07 AM

my wr450 seems to be blowing globes,i am suspecting the rectifier could be faulty,could someone please confirm this for me and let me know what is the correct voltage out of the rectifier. much appreciated

Does "globes" mean bulbs in Aussie speak?

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 20, 2007 - 06:32 AM

Out of the manual:

13.0 ~ 14.0 VAC at 5,000 r/min

• bigdanner

Posted April 20, 2007 - 07:49 AM

I have heard of those regs going bad on the AC output. If you test voltage at the headlight you should around 13vac, but not much higher when you rev the motor. If you do you will need to replace the voltage regulator.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumbthrottler

Posted April 20, 2007 - 08:27 AM

I had similar problems with my 05 from the start. Turned out the regulator/rec and stator were all in cahoots, and had to be replaced.

I called Trailtech, and ended up replacing the AC/DC system with a YZ or yzf stator and their regulator.

After looking into the AC/DC logic on the WR, I don't really understand why they do it that way, instead of staying with the YZ setup.

• LeadDoggy

Posted April 20, 2007 - 08:41 AM

voltage regulator would be my guess

• paswr450

Posted April 22, 2007 - 04:23 AM

thanks again,just confirmed the voltage out of the front light,actually reading 28 volts ac .suspected that it may be a bad grounding,rectifier definatley fried,its going to cost me 140 bucks australian to get one .just blew 300 on new michellin m12s ,does any body rate these tyres

• moose offroad

Posted April 22, 2007 - 04:31 AM

thanks again,just confirmed the voltage out of the front light,actually reading 28 volts ac .suspected that it may be a bad grounding,rectifier definatley fried,its going to cost me 140 bucks australian to get one .just blew 300 on new michellin m12s ,does any body rate these tyres

The only tires we use.......:applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.