Rekluse pro z start clutch

4 replies to this topic
  • otter101

Posted April 19, 2007 - 07:56 PM

Alright, who has one, did you install it and was the bike new or old. I have a 06 wr 450 just installed my pro clutch. The clutch basket had no or very minimal wear, the stock friction plates looked good with little or no apparent wear on them. The install went well, the hardest part was torquing down the center clutch nut. My delema starts with checking and setting the gap. First I think I checked the gap between the top friction plate and the bottom of the pressure plate( the rekluse part) and not between the top plate and fiction plate. So I put it together and everything works fine. I ran it for 20 mins or so to. I took it apart to recheck the gap and relized I never checked it in the right location. SO I checked it in the right location and my gap needed adjustment. I took the adjustment plate and fallowed the instructions to install it and the gap was even larger. the instructions say I might need new friction plates. Thats my question anyone else run into this.

• c5speed

Posted April 19, 2007 - 09:43 PM

I just installed one in my 07 yz450f and it works great. I havent had any adjustment problems at all. Its a little wierd to get used to though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted April 20, 2007 - 01:12 PM

Alright, who has one, did you install it and was the bike new or old. I have a 06 wr 450 just installed my pro clutch. The clutch basket had no or very minimal wear, the stock friction plates looked good with little or no apparent wear on them. The install went well, the hardest part was torquing down the center clutch nut. My delema starts with checking and setting the gap. First I think I checked the gap between the top friction plate and the bottom of the pressure plate( the rekluse part) and not between the top plate and fiction plate. So I put it together and everything works fine. I ran it for 20 mins or so to. I took it apart to recheck the gap and relized I never checked it in the right location. SO I checked it in the right location and my gap needed adjustment. I took the adjustment plate and fallowed the instructions to install it and the gap was even larger. the instructions say I might need new friction plates. Thats my question anyone else run into this.

Does it run OK?
If not, is the gap big enough for to throw in another steel plate?

• xrmarty

Posted April 20, 2007 - 06:50 PM

I just installed one in my 07 yz450f and it works great. I havent had any adjustment problems at all. Its a little wierd to get used to though.

Good to know... I wan't to get one for my 07. Did you get it with clutch over-ride?

• otter101

Posted April 21, 2007 - 04:26 PM

I found the answer. I called rekluse and found out I was checking it wrong. I bought a set of feeler gauges the gap now is a tight .045 right in the ideal gap. I took it out today for about 20 miles, WOW WOW it was perfect, not one stall after falling in to the mud, and getting stuck on steep rocky hills, and running up deep rutty, rooty tight trails. Caution way more torque I mean a ton and little or no compression braking on light declines and steep hills. This thing is a great investment in riding.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.