It's official - I'm one of the boys!

13 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:05 PM

My XRL just arrived and is sitting in the garage as we speak. For the first time I have a few bucks to spend on accessories because I sold a more expensive bike to get this one.
Thanks to all the info here the first things I'm going to order from the TT store is jets, air filter, pipe and skid plate. My overall list is much bigger than that though!
Everyone talks about the Uni filter. I never heard of them before, are they as good as K&N?

• Bibleman

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:24 PM

By the way, exactly which uni filter do I get, specifically, size?

• hypersthenos

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:54 PM

Hey Bibleman I like your avatar. The K&N is a good filter for a road going vehicle but hasn't near the filtering capacity of the foam filters so it depends on where you ride. If lots of dust are in your horizon definitely go with the UNI. I didn't know they made more than one for the 650L so I'm no help there.

• Bibleman

Posted April 19, 2007 - 07:12 PM

I've heard the same thing about the K&N before so maybe I'll steer away from it.

• goblin127

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:00 PM

Try rocky mountain .com if the TT store doesn't have them. You might want to get a larger tank because the stocker won't get you to far.

• Bibleman

Posted April 20, 2007 - 03:41 AM

Thanks for the tip Goblin. There's a guy on ebay selling a set of nice bars and risers, I think I may put a bid on them as well because he says it bring the bars higher and farther forward. I'm used to a touring bike for the past two years and the stock bars seem a little close. The list goes on!!:thumbsup:

• Rangerfng

Posted April 20, 2007 - 03:44 AM

Rockey Mt. is a great site. Dennis Kirk is also another one. they are running a huge sale right now as well. If you need specks for your new pig go to ron ayers site to the feash link. It has everything you need. It helped me out alot when i had the bike apart. it is always easier to tear her down than build her up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rangerfng

Posted April 20, 2007 - 03:45 AM

I actually got most of the parts for my bike off e-bay of from TT. I got beat on a seat on e-bay and am working on corection that now

• goblin127

Posted April 20, 2007 - 03:45 AM

If your going to rejet then go with the Daves mods for best results.

• bork

Posted April 20, 2007 - 04:03 AM

I like . They claim they are OEM now for honda & yamaha. I think they have a video on their site. Great customer support, I spoke to a guy named Scott, @ Notoil. Some gale at Notoil said "all three major manufacturers are good = Twinfilter, Unifilter & them." But cleaning Notoil is the bomb! They said many guys throw'em into washmachine to clean. I have 3, rotate often & cleaning the dirty one in spare time, & having one ready & oiled at all times for quick change out.

• Bibleman

Posted April 20, 2007 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for all the tips and links guys - I really appreciate it. I think I'll try to get as much as I can from the TT store, but it's good to have back-up sources:prof:

• Kawabuggy

Posted April 20, 2007 - 05:25 AM

I am using the No-Toil filter charger kit (rim grease, cleaner, & filter oil) with my Uni filter. Great combination!

• drop

Posted April 20, 2007 - 06:43 AM

Doesn't the filter oil residue stick to your washing machine?

• bork

Posted April 20, 2007 - 01:53 PM

I haven't tried it yet , but if your filter isn't real caked up I would probably try it. (dont want all the grit)There shouldn't be any left over residue because the oil breaks down completely with detergents. Its not dino oil it's veg based.

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.