XR400 and XR600 rear shock interchangeability?

2 replies to this topic
  • asf

Posted April 19, 2007 - 03:16 PM

I've come across a shock from a XR400 for cheap that has been revalved and resprung the way I want it. The weight difference between the two bikes is 15lbs or so...Does anyone know if the rear shocks can be swapped?

I emailed ohlins, they say their XR400 shock shaft is longer (???) but the 400 shock can be converted to a 600 shock.

As for the OEM ones, what say you?:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted April 20, 2007 - 04:13 AM

The XR400 shock is longer. Also the rate of the linkages are different so even if you have the shock shaft shortened the valving and spring rate will still be wrong because of the differences in the linkages.
You'd be better off to send your stock shock off to be setup for your weight and riding style. It will cost more to have the 400 shock changed to work on your 600.

• asf

Posted April 20, 2007 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.