Do I need to rejet?

4 replies to this topic
  • WRC

Posted April 19, 2007 - 12:03 PM

I have a 07 WR450 that I have done the free mods to other than the grey wire thing, for my riding style and the type of riding I do it seems to work better with the grey wire hooked up. The bike runs great, plenty of power, and a smooth delivery. I have heard that the WRs run in a very lean condition, will that have any long term effects on the engine. I cant see any reason for rejetting as I like the performance unless it will harm the motor down the line. Thanks in advance.

• tony1970

Posted April 19, 2007 - 09:41 PM

Yes, you need to rejet. Yes, you will do engine damage from running a overly lean condition. Yes, you will gain more power and run cooler from a properly jetted bike. Check out the jetting sticky to find a jetting spec to start with, and do a forum search to find all your answers. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450RICKO

Posted April 21, 2007 - 06:42 PM

buy the GYTR Ais removal kit ($40) and install per the instructions.
Adjust the air/fuel screw per your riding condition as indicated in the performance sticky. Your bike will run cool and really perk up.

• WRC

Posted April 21, 2007 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for the replys, I think I will check out the GYTR kit for my bike.

• xrmarty

Posted April 22, 2007 - 08:47 AM

I have a 07 WR450 that I have done the free mods to other than the grey wire thing, for my riding style and the type of riding I do it seems to work better with the grey wire hooked up. The bike runs great, plenty of power, and a smooth delivery. I have heard that the WRs run in a very lean condition, will that have any long term effects on the engine. I cant see any reason for rejetting as I like the performance unless it will harm the motor down the line. Thanks in advance.

I've just rejetted my bike to get more horsepower and better performance out of it. But if your happy with the performance as it is I wouldn't do anything to it. I really don't believe that leaving it stock will harm the bike. My friend's father has had a completely stock 05 since new. He's a very mellow rider and he (like you) doesn't care for any performance mods.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.