06 yz450f problems?

4 replies to this topic
  • greentyler

Posted April 19, 2007 - 09:04 AM

hey guys, i just got my 04 yz250f stolen, and have to replace it.

i'm looking at a brand new 06 yz450f.

have there been any major problems or anything i should know about these bikes before i take the plunge?

thanks for the help. i know a lot about the 250f's but nothing about the 450's....

• Ranger18

Posted April 19, 2007 - 10:02 AM

The only probalem I've had, was a bad gas cap.
You will see that you will want a new chain.
You will also want to go around the whole bike, and grease as needed. Also make sure your bolts are all tight, especially on the rear sprocket.
Other than the gas cap, the bike as been perfect.

:thumbsup: :worthy: on wood...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 19, 2007 - 12:03 PM

The first time you adjust the chain (which you should do while installing the replacement chain before you ever ride it, unless you like destroying otherwise useful sprockets), DO NOT adjust it by how it looks. Measure it according to the manual instructions. The '06-7 needs more slack, and looks loose to most people when it's set right. Run the bike with the chain too tight, and you run the risk of breaking the rear hub.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 20, 2007 - 12:44 PM

Same question was asked a few days ago.

Here's the link for more info.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=494059

Good luck with the '06. It's an AWESOME bike! :thumbsup: :ride: :worthy:

• TapptOut

Posted April 22, 2007 - 10:39 AM

Warning: The bike causes extreme smiling while riding.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.