Tripple clamp question

3 replies to this topic
  • cwarren

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:22 AM

I have a 98 wr 400. The stem on the lower clamp is stripped out. There is a stock set of clamps on e-bay from a 2000 yz 426. I looked the numbers up on Ronnies microfiche and they are different. My question is whether they will work, or were the forks different from 98-00. Any quick answers will help, because they are really cheap and the auction ends in 10hrs from now!

• xrmarty

Posted April 19, 2007 - 09:40 AM

You might want to check out the YZ forum. I bet there's a few guy's out there with early yz's who might be able to answer your question.

Another way is to compair the part numbers. If the same, I would definitely go ahead and get it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted April 19, 2007 - 09:51 AM

On second thought they won't fit. I just checked Bikebandit's website OEM section and the part numbers don't match. Also, now that I think about it the YZ for sure has a different rake/trail. So I doubt they'll fit. Just my $ .02.

• MaxPower

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:08 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Im thinking the difference comes from how the headlight mounts on the Wr and the plate mounts on the YZ, not the rake and trail [/COLOR]]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.