How to get yz overall gearing????? Help

2 replies to this topic
  • dmoney1074

Posted April 18, 2007 - 07:14 PM

I am going to be doing some practice at the local track on my wr426f, and I was wondering if anyone knew what gearing to run inorder to compensate for the wr's wide ration gearbox??????? I basically want the overall gear ratio to be like a yz426. After all they are both five speeds, so it can be theoretically done. I'm thinking like 13/52 or somthing. I already have my bike set up exactly as a yz (tank, no lights, stripped everything down, yz timing etc) minus an 18 inch rear wheel. I know my wr/yz hybrid is up to the challenge!!!!! Help me out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmoney1074

Posted April 19, 2007 - 09:25 AM

Can anyone help me out... I know there are some math wizards that can do the reatios....

• msgbean

Posted April 19, 2007 - 12:15 PM

PM me and I will send you an Excel file.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.