2006 YZ450-It wobbles on the stand! Will the Factory Connect plate make it stable?

7 replies to this topic
  • Thesolidman1

Posted April 18, 2007 - 04:27 PM

Hi fellow rooosters! Hey I just bought a new '06 YZ450 and have been setting it up. The bike is not at all stable on a stand, and I was wondering if the Factory Connection plate would help with this. Thank you for your time!

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 18, 2007 - 07:50 PM

what is making it unstable? I've got a full protection skid plate on mine and it sits fine on the stand.

When I change the oil, I have it on the stand with the skid plate off, and it still sits solid on the stand.

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted April 19, 2007 - 04:10 PM

What kind of stand? Sometimes the stand and not the bottom of the bike is the problem.

• Thesolidman1

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:42 PM

I don't know the brand of the stand. It one of the ones when you push on the pedal it raises. I'm sure it's not the stand, my YZ250 doesn't wobble at all on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thesolidman1

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:43 PM

I think it is because the bottom of the stock plate is not flush with the frame, and it has a slight curve toward the rear.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 20, 2007 - 12:37 PM

I think it is because the bottom of the stock plate is not flush with the frame, and it has a slight curve toward the rear.

I bet you're right. My stock glide plate came off before I ever rode the bike. With the skid plate I installed (which is completely flat on the bottom and covers the entire bottom of the frame) the bike is very stable on the stand. When I remove the skid plate, it is also very solid on the stand. I bet it is the stock glide plate that is throwing you off.

• grayracer513

Posted April 20, 2007 - 12:51 PM

Ours does the same thing. Slide the bike back on the stand a little bit and it will sit flatter.

• TapptOut

Posted April 22, 2007 - 10:37 AM

I have the stock one on, and a fmf stand and mine sits perfectly still.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.