Wr on the road..

3 replies to this topic
  • Tengesdal

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:47 PM

I wonder about getting a wr450 SM to use for road driving..
But I wonder how is theese bikes..
I have heared that the wr`s need less service then an exc for example.
Is this thrue..?
How is the services??

Are they good wheelie machines:ride: ??
What is the difference between yzf and wr motor and gearbox?
Is wr gearbox made for road use..

• baha

Posted April 18, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Mine is no longer a wheelie machine with street gearing. 15/42 allows it to cruise down the highway at 60 to 70 without the scream. I really like mine as a dual sport and recently put a video of it with the street tires running the desert. It did alot better then I thought with the 17 inch tires. Mine has not needed a valve to be adjusted in 18 months of infrequent hard riding. Once I Jetted it and did all the free mods it rips. Look in the garage and
http://video.google....rt motard&hl=en

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tengesdal

Posted April 19, 2007 - 12:57 PM

I will have a wheelie machine:ride: :-)

• baha

Posted April 19, 2007 - 03:48 PM

I will have a wheelie machine:ride: :-)

When I use to use it for woods I had a 13/51 ratio and yes it would wheelie
without protest. Just do not plan to do much high speed cruising. If you throw a tire to give max grip on pavement, you will probably end up bending spokes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.