Has anyone done the AP mod for 06'yz450?

4 replies to this topic
  • 6fiddy

Posted April 18, 2007 - 12:40 PM

Im trying to "get the bog out" Its not as bad as my 02'426 was but its there and the fuel screw helped a little. Some one on TT said the stock jetting is lean from the factory, is this true? Anyway, Im putting on the quickshot 2 to see if it helps this like it did on my 02 426. Im using the stock exhaust for now and I live at sea level here in Florida. I have some left over jets from my 02' 426..JD's Is redbeard450's AP mod applicable on a 06 YZ450F ?? Thanks people!:thumbsup: -JR

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:01 PM

Yes its been done with varying results. I did it with a quickshot cover and love it. Try sorting throught these and see what you think..........
http://www.thumperta...earchid=3031279

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mike McCutcheon

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:27 PM

I've got an 07 450 and the bog was there also. I tried everything including a Boyseen Quickshot I already had, different pilot jets, main jets, leak jets, raising the needle and wiring the AC arm to the adjuster screw. No luck for me. I gave up and sent the carb to Zip-Ty racing like everyone said and I have to admit they did a great job. My throttle response isn't 2-stroke quick, but it's close. The bog is gone and my carburation is really good. I got my $100 worth. I did all the jetting changes they recommended before giving up, so what they are doing internally is making the big difference. I now run a 165 main, 48 pilot and my fuel screw about 2.5 turns out, just like they suggested.

Send your carb. You'll never get there with brass changes or a Boyseen Cover.

• WB450

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:32 PM

I've got an 07 450 and the bog was there also. I tried everything including a Boyseen Quickshot I already had, different pilot jets, main jets, leak jets, raising the needle and wiring the AC arm to the adjuster screw. No luck for me. I gave up and sent the carb to Zip-Ty racing like everyone said and I have to admit they did a great job. My throttle response isn't 2-stroke quick, but it's close. The bog is gone and my carburation is really good. I got my $100 worth. I did all the jetting changes they recommended before giving up, so what they are doing internally is making the big difference. I now run a 165 main, 48 pilot and my fuel screw about 2.5 turns out, just like they suggested.

Send your carb. You'll never get there with brass changes or a Boyseen Cover.

I feel the same way, my carb is pretty much just like yours, same jets same fuel screw setting.

• Ga450owner

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:25 AM

also adjust some of the play, but not all of it - usually too much out of the throttle cables....this with the ZipTy will make it instantaneous response on the 06/07:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.