XR650L : anyone use a trials tire in back?

8 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted April 18, 2007 - 12:26 PM

Read in the latest issue of "Dirt Bike Magazine" the Michelin Trials Competition X-11 was the best Bolt-on Mod going. Traction everywhere and lasts a long time. Anyone use a trials tire set-up? Thanks

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:43 PM

I hear they are sketchy for street use- you end up wandering a bit.

Dave

• Motosprtman

Posted April 18, 2007 - 05:55 PM

Dave

could they be worse than Dunlop 606's on the street?

• Motosprtman

Posted April 18, 2007 - 05:55 PM

:worthy:

Dave

could they be worse than Dunlop 606's on the street?:ride: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted April 18, 2007 - 06:09 PM

Read in the latest issue of "Dirt Bike Magazine" the Michelin Trials Competition X-11 was the best Bolt-on Mod going. Traction everywhere and lasts a long time. Anyone use a trials tire set-up? Thanks

What type of bike did they mount on? Is that the issue they did a comparison in with the XR650L and klr 650?

• Triumphs

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:22 AM

Anyone use a trials tire set-up?

Yes. On my trials bike! :thumbsup:

• cleonard

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:51 AM

I've done some research and asked about this same question. The answers that I got said that the trials tires work great on the trail. The problems come with high speed use on the dirt or the pavement. The tires heat up and shred. Adding pressure can help this, but at the loss of low speed traction. Because of this I have never tried one.

• goblin127

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:54 AM

They used to work good on my trials bike also,but hey top speed was like 30 in 5th.

• bluerock5

Posted April 19, 2007 - 08:56 AM

It's the April 2007 issue - and it's on page 96 - and they mention 2 bikes - one with new knobs and one with the trials tire. But they did not mention the bike brand or size.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.