Yammi will replace it FOC.

Do so ASAP.

-Jay

• xrmarty

Posted April 18, 2007 - 09:51 AM

Yammi will replace it FOC.

Do so ASAP.

-Jay

Just called the Yamaha dealer (not the dealer I bought the bike from) , and they told me I needed to bring the bike in in order to have it done under warranty. Since the part is $13 bucks or so, I'm just gonna go and pay for it.
Yeah, I know. I'm a passive apathetic lazy consumer:bonk:

• WReckless

Posted April 18, 2007 - 12:34 PM

wait isint that where the bolt goes thru?
unless i'm missing something or not enough red bull today

• kevinwr450f

Posted April 18, 2007 - 12:58 PM

I Just spoke with my dealer here in Orlando and he said Yamaha hasn't notified them of any re-call of air filter screen????? WHAT"S THE TRUTH?? Too many conflicting stories...

• WGP

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:22 PM

Look at the picture man.........

Just know and fix it yourself....:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WReckless

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:49 PM

Look at the picture man.........

Just know and fix it yourself....:thumbsup:

ORANGE BIKE?

• FastRides

Posted April 18, 2007 - 08:45 PM

I Just spoke with my dealer here in Orlando and he said Yamaha hasn't notified them of any re-call of air filter screen????? WHAT"S THE TRUTH?? Too many conflicting stories...

If you contact Corporate Yamaha (800# on their website), they'll know exactly what you're referring to. Here's a similar thread: http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=454338

This is a bonafide problem for the '07 and Yamaha has issued a recall. Your dealer apparently hasn't gotten the word - I contacted mine in Carson City (they had heard of the recall) and also would have had to drag the bike down there for 10mins of "recall work". So, like many, I plugged the hole myself for now. Here's how- used a combination of a 3" wood dowel down the center of the hole with a small screw in the end of it (as a wedge/anchor). First, drilled a small pilot hole in the end of the dowel after filing edges clean. Then pulled the dowel down into the cage about 1.5" and tightened screw (dowel now anchored with no way for screw to bypass dowel). Then sealed with silicone in top 1.5" up to where wire ring holds filter in place- air tight and not going anywhere until I eventually get it replaced. Many have simply filled entire hole with silicone, which probably works just fine. I just elected to add the extra step to ensure the silicone doesn't break free... and so I could have one more beer in my garage. :thumbsup:

MG

• xrmarty

Posted April 18, 2007 - 08:52 PM

ORANGE BIKE?

my brother's bike. Mine is this beauty:applause:

Posted Image

And here, the problem fixed about $15.00 later.. (new cage)

Posted Image

• dobbo

Posted April 19, 2007 - 12:21 AM

sure its not a ktm, just kidding.......
love the orange Mate
how did you do that?

• xrmarty

Posted April 19, 2007 - 10:19 AM

sure its not a ktm, just kidding.......
love the orange Mate
how did you do that?

The orange bike is my brother's XC450, mine is the super cool outragously blue WR.:thumbsup:

http://www.thumperta...938#post4652938

• kevinwr450f

Posted April 19, 2007 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the info MG.. I just got my bike back today from said dealer with all mods done..... My eye's are still bleedin' from ridin' down my street!! I'll plug mine up as well.

• mcflzwr450f

Posted April 19, 2007 - 05:42 PM

I picked up a Twin air power flow kit...check it out...works great better air flow more power, new billet aluminum cage !!! Throw the old cage away don't take a chance...

http://www.twinairus.../powerflow.html

• sts475

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:36 PM

The wr uses a wire clip system and there is a groove across the hole that the wire goes across. Dust goes around the wire and straight through.

Not Good !

STS.

• blackdog9

Posted April 20, 2007 - 11:24 AM

Yup.. you´re right, for earlier models....
In 2007, no bolt...just a metal bracket that holds the filter assembly in place. That´s the big mistake: the bracket does not oclude 100% the hole.
Sergio

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.