Well I made my decision, Im getting my suspension done.

3 replies to this topic
  • bboyce

Posted April 17, 2007 - 05:02 PM

Some of you may remember my post about my suspension blowing throught the stroke and what not. Well, I have had many more track hours and changed the oil in them and what not, but Im afraid I just need some softer springs and stiffer valving.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I should get done? As of now I am going to get new Front and Rear Springs, New fork Inner chamber springs, Oil-lock collors, shock compression spring, and then of coarse the valving.

I guess you could say Im going all out, but I really kinda am. I want it done right, and set up for me so I can feel confident and the bike can take what ever hits I throw at it while remaining plush and ridable.

Well thanks in advance :thumbsup:
-BBOYCE

• 642MX

Posted April 17, 2007 - 05:49 PM

Some of you may remember my post about my suspension blowing throught the stroke and what not. Well, I have had many more track hours and changed the oil in them and what not, but Im afraid I just need some softer springs and stiffer valving.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to what I should get done? As of now I am going to get new Front and Rear Springs, New fork Inner chamber springs, Oil-lock collors, shock compression spring, and then of coarse the valving.

I guess you could say Im going all out, but I really kinda am. I want it done right, and set up for me so I can feel confident and the bike can take what ever hits I throw at it while remaining plush and ridable.

Well thanks in advance :thumbsup:
-BBOYCE

I was in the same boat with my suspension. I installed springs, changed oils and it still sucked. I pulled it off, sent it to Frank at http://www.smartsuspension.com and told him to fix it. I had it back within a week, and its totally awesome. I can't say enough for Franks work. I'm 100% satisfied. He's a Yamaha guy too. :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bboyce

Posted April 17, 2007 - 06:25 PM

Yea, It doesn't suck, but its not really up to my standards.

Im gonna send it to Fat Max suspension, I have heard great things about them.

• 642MX

Posted April 17, 2007 - 06:34 PM

Never heard of Fat Max, but just about any good suspension tuner should be able to fix you up.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.