XRL Motocross Style Rear Fender

16 replies to this topic
  • 07XR650L

Posted April 17, 2007 - 08:32 AM

Here's a link to the fender in the TT Store: (it's at the bottom of the page)

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=639&s=2

Does anybody have this fender and is it a good deal? Or should I just get a 450 fender?

• Rangerfng

Posted April 17, 2007 - 08:53 AM

Maier is not bad. If you look at my garage i have the whole mod for the CRF 450 fender. there was alot of cutting to get it to fit just right. after the fender you need to think about a tail light

• goblin127

Posted April 17, 2007 - 03:40 PM

My maier fender went on with out much cutting.

• martinfan30

Posted April 17, 2007 - 07:06 PM

maier plastics are so so. use ufo. i have fitted an ufo 450 crf to my pig at the rear. looks great. also rangrfng did a killer job with his!

• jbird710

Posted April 18, 2007 - 02:32 AM

I believe the one I had on my bike was the one at the top of the page. I didn't have to do any cutting except to remove the lip on the back to acommodate the BD tail light and drill holes to mount the tail light.
http://www.thumperta...ewmod&mid=26223

• Rangerfng

Posted April 18, 2007 - 04:53 AM

Thanks bro. I took my time and tried to document the whole thing so others would not have such a hard time doing it. Also knowing what you are getting into is a plus too

• gregman_1

Posted April 18, 2007 - 08:20 AM

I'll be doing the Maier MX fender on mine next week, I'll post pics and a little write-up if you guys are interested.

• TREADMARKS

Posted April 18, 2007 - 12:55 PM

Cemoto fan here. Direct bolt on, no headbutting required.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregman_1

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:53 PM

The problem is finding Cemoto stuff stateside.

• jbird710

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image

Awesome looking bike Tread!:thumbsup:

Where did you get your Cemoto rear fender? I got mine through XR's Only; but when a guy recently treid to get one from them, they said they aren't carrying it anymore. Just wondering if you know of another source. I couldn't find one with Google. :worthy:

• Rangerfng

Posted April 19, 2007 - 02:49 AM

Yes post pictures please. very interested

• TREADMARKS

Posted April 19, 2007 - 03:00 AM

Awesome looking bike Tread!:thumbsup:

Where did you get your Cemoto rear fender? I got mine through XR's Only; but when a guy recently treid to get one from them, they said they aren't carrying it anymore. Just wondering if you know of another source. I couldn't find one with Google. :worthy:

Thanks Jbird.

Looks like cemoto may have went tits up on us. I got mine at XRs only.

http://www.cemoto.com/

Now we know why XRs only doesn't carry them anymore.

• gregman_1

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:22 AM

Thanks Jbird.

Looks like cemoto may have went tits up on us. I got mine at XRs only.

http://www.cemoto.com/

Now we know why XRs only doesn't carry them anymore.

Cemoto is still around, you can get it off their Italian website, but to ship to the US< the minimum order is 100 euros and shipping is 50 euros minimum. I beleive it's cemoto.co.it

• 650_shark

Posted April 19, 2007 - 06:45 AM

Any reviews or opinions on LED taillight assemblies, Acerbis or Baja designs?

You can get away fairly cheap doing the MX fender/LED tailight mods using UFO/Maier fender and Acerbis LED assembly.

• jbird710

Posted April 19, 2007 - 07:22 AM

Any reviews or opinions on LED taillight assemblies, Acerbis or Baja designs?

I've been running the BD for nearly a year and a half with no problems. I was pulled over for speeding (lucked out with a warning) and the cop didn't say a word about it. The local bike shop passes it for state inspection.

• gregman_1

Posted April 19, 2007 - 09:27 AM

I've been running the BD for nearly a year and a half with no problems. I was pulled over for speeding (lucked out with a warning) and the cop didn't say a word about it. The local bike shop passes it for state inspection.

The BD taillight is E-marked, which isn't technically DOT approval, but it is the same standards. The Acerbis unit is not very bright and therefore not E-marked or DOT approved.

• Rangerfng

Posted April 19, 2007 - 01:14 PM

check out my garage. i have the fender MODS and BD led tail light. looks good to me. good luck

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.