426 Clutch Cover

4 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted April 17, 2007 - 08:30 AM

Anybody have a spare clutch cover that will fit an '02 426 that they want to sell?

My son crashed in the Desert 100 this weekend, by some miracle all he ended up with was a sore shoulder but the bike is a different story...the rear brake lever was jammed into the clutch cover so hard that it cracked it, along with destroying the brake lever, footpeg, rear disc guard and rear brake disc. :thumbsup:

• DrThumper

Posted April 17, 2007 - 09:33 AM

Sure. I just went to the oversized clutch cover. My old one has a very slight dent in it, the outside looks fine, the inside has the hint of a crack, but holds oil fine (I even filled it with water, like a bowl) and it held...I just replaced it 'cuase I wanted a larger oil capacity.

PM me, you pay for shipping and its yours free. Oh yeah, its off an '01, but I think that the same as an '02 (you'll have to check if your interested). I'm guessing shipping would be under $10 bucks (Utah to Wash State).

I see you like Sammy "Hot, Sweet, and Sticky" Hagar! He's "Like Candy, Baby"!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted April 17, 2007 - 07:22 PM

Tough break Pete, hope you can find something. We have repaired a number of 426 cases with JB Weld, an option if things aren't spider webbed.

• Wiz636

Posted April 18, 2007 - 07:50 AM

Tough break Pete, hope you can find something. We have repaired a number of 426 cases with JB Weld, an option if things aren't spider webbed.

Yeah, I was just happy that he didn't get hurt. I haven't even pulled it off the bike yet but it is pretty wasted. JB Weld is pretty amazing stuff but this thing is so hammered that I just want to replace it.

• Florida_426

Posted April 20, 2007 - 10:58 AM

Wiz,
Make sure you check the clutch basket and plates for damage if the lever jammed the cover hard enough to break. A weak tang on the basket could spell big dollars.

Bill

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.