'08 Yz450???

25 replies to this topic
  • bedell99

Posted April 23, 2007 - 07:32 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if we see small changes in the frame similar to what the 250f has this year, plus new swingarm. New valving especailly the shock(due to the new swingarm). Small engine upgrades and a 2 lb weight decrease.

I think this year they are going to focus on handling. The bike is already amazing.

• BergArabia

Posted April 23, 2007 - 09:59 AM

If they can inject street bikes, what makes you think they'll have problems with dirt bikes. Anyways doesn't cannondale (SP?) already have a FI bike out?

I would have thought this was true. It is not like it was a totally new technology..

• grayracer513

Posted April 23, 2007 - 10:20 AM

The only things different about MX bikes are the challenges involved in operating the system without a battery. EFI requires fuel pressure to start, and good, sophisticated systems require more than can be practically delivered by engine driven mechanical pumps (about 75 psi). It remains to be seen how each manufacturer will address this. Polaris uses a capacitor to drive the pump. First pull charges it, second pull starts. Honda is said to be using a plunger type pump connected to the kick starter. We'll see what shows up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted April 23, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Word from the Japanese Nationals was '09 for EFI. There's only one way to know for sure, though.

But I want one now :applause:

• onhitch

Posted April 23, 2007 - 06:46 PM

the answer to when fi will be out is; whenever the contract each factory has entered to buy the fcr carb expiers.

• Tattootodd

Posted April 29, 2007 - 06:31 PM

KTM will be there before anyone else im sure....New ones already have a batt in them 2 if i recall

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.