xr600 oil fitting size?

1 reply to this topic
  • gdavis2265

Posted April 16, 2007 - 05:09 PM

Would anybody know what size female fittings are used for the two short hoses on the '86 xr600 dry sump? I take it the larger of the two lines is the feed line?

I need to fabricate some adapters to usa a external oil res.

Also, what is the procedure for priming the system and verifying flow at first start-up? I'd hate to burn this thing up.

Thanks for any info.

Glenn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drtlvr

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:18 PM

I know they are metric,you could do it the easy way like I did just cut the brass lines on the bike and slide a 3/8 rubber oil cooler hose over the it and clamp it with 2 hose clamps on each line,then take your oil cooler and rethread the threads to american pipe threads then just insert a 90 degree brass fitting withe a 3/8 barb fitting inserted into that,use some loctite hydraulic sealent on the threads. as for priming, I was worried about that on mine,but the oil pumps up so fast it takes only a couple of seconds to get the flow going,don't worry every time you shut the bike off all the oil flows down,thats why are bikes are a bitch to check the oil on.

Attached Thumbnails

• oil cooler set up 001.jpg
  • oil cooler set up 004.jpg

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.