07 YZ450F help please

3 replies to this topic
  • yzf721

Posted April 16, 2007 - 04:09 PM

Just switched over to a 07 YZ450F. The only thing that I would like to improve is the handling. Not that it’s bad, it’s not razor sharp like I am use too. Everything else is easily fixable.

In review:
I am in line with the specifications on the suspension spring weights
Put on the best front tire for local track conditions
Put sag at 95
Raised fork tubes in triple clamps to the 5mm line
Played with the air pressure in tires

Still the handling is off. I feel the twitch and then the push at entry, I can control this.

My problem is center to exit my front will want to tuck under the bike.

Is there anything else I can try, 24mm offset or am I just riding it like my other bike? Do I need to slide my weight off the gas tank and lower my leg off the top of the shroud to move my weight to the back tire or stay centered? Or should I get even more weight on the front?

• The Italian Stallion

Posted April 16, 2007 - 04:47 PM

Raise the forks to 10mm try it you will like it.I don't know about the 07 I have the 06 and the best thing I've done is get rid of those stupid bars.try the ones you had on your old scoot.Do these things before you go the offset rout.Igot the 22 offsets before I changed the bars and raised the forks at 10mm {i thought 10 would be to high] they made an improvment but not the same way as say putting offsets on a 04crf450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzf721

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:02 PM

Ya, RG3 and SDG stepseat on brand H. I liked it, but I hated having the bike in the shop every other month.

• Tattootodd

Posted April 16, 2007 - 09:44 PM

play with the clickers!!!!!!!!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.