Turkey Texas Enduro- Anyone raced it?

2 replies to this topic
  • Roostn67

Posted January 30, 2002 - 07:46 PM

I'm thinking about driving down to the Turkey Texas Enduro on 3/17. I've never raced an enduro before and the Colorado races don't start for a while. Has anyone raced this area yet? If so, what is the terrain like and are there any interesting tips for a rookie? I'm debating taking my YZ or my XR400.

Roostn in Denver

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • imported_Scott_H

Posted January 30, 2002 - 08:11 PM

I rode it 85 and 86 so I don’t have much to offer that’s current except the Texas State Championship Enduro Circuit boys have their act together! Checkout http://www.tscec.org for detailed info on EVERYTHING you asked about. This has got to be one of the best enduro sites on the web. I am sure these guys will bend over backwards to get you the info you need. All you have to do is ask.

Good luck

• YZ400Court

Posted January 31, 2002 - 03:56 AM

4 of us made the drive from Phoenix last year. I unfotrunatlly blew up in the grand prix on Saturday and did not make the enduro Sunday. All three of my friends LOVED it. One "C" rider and 2 "B" riders, all first time enduro racers. The "C" guy said it was the funnest ride he had ever done. It rained during the race last year and traction was great in some places and a littli slick in others for him The two "B" guys were amazed at how tight the "B" sections were, but they also said it was the funnest race they had ever done (were desert racers used to going 100mph). There were no rocks, and the dirt is awsome when a little wet. It is a must do race for us now, hope too see you there.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.