XRR frame welding ?

4 replies to this topic
  • bajabinder

Posted April 16, 2007 - 10:16 AM

My new to me '00 650r has a cracked subframe mount on the lower right side, and the subframe is cracked at the upper left front mount (where the insert is). Can these areas be welded, or is there a better fix?

• Thumpmeister

Posted April 16, 2007 - 11:48 AM

Yes, they CAN be welded, but you should see if you can get a subframe thats not cracked instead.

Since the subframe is aluminum, and the cracks are at the welds, the amount of work required to do this will probably be more than getting a new subframe. A buddy of mine just went through this on his cr 250.

Look on eBay. Theres always guys parting out bikes there, and you might be able to get a subframe for cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beelzeboss

Posted April 16, 2007 - 12:04 PM

Any pics of the cracks?

• steed2

Posted April 18, 2007 - 03:45 PM

yes they can be....i crashed my steed bad last summer and cracked the frame at the top where the subframe mounts on......i tig welded it up shes mint

• xr650l bum

Posted April 18, 2007 - 05:31 PM

sub frame on ebay right now!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.