07 WR License plate Mounting?????

44 replies to this topic
  • J-K

Posted August 23, 2008 - 07:00 AM

I've emailed the ebayer too, as I want one when he's done a redesign!

• farkawi

Posted August 23, 2008 - 10:56 AM

I made one out of sheet aluminum. cheap, easy and still on the bike 3 years on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted August 23, 2008 - 02:13 PM

here's my new ufo rear fender it was 62 bucks and came with this plate holder

Posted Image

• Humunn

Posted August 31, 2008 - 06:06 AM

Hey guys,

I'm the one who came up with the "roof vent" concept and it works well as long as you don't have any weight on the rear fender and don't bottom your suspension. Since installing it originally I've added a rear fender tool bag and have lowered my suspension. So now the plate gets sucked in frequently enough that I have to tape it up and out of the way. Fortunately the plate does not get damaged but turn indicators are getting all bent out of shape because everything is integrated together. I really wanted to make it work with the OEM tail light. I've ordered a Baja Designs rear light/plate holder and the mini stalk turn indicators and will post a picture after I install it.

Greg

www.highdesertadventures.net

• Gary Murray

Posted August 31, 2008 - 04:38 PM

I used a sheet of lightweight aluminum. I left the plastic tailight wiring cover in place under the fender. I put nylon spacers on longer screws to attach the aluminum sheet below the cover. I used two 1 1/2" screws in the rear holes and one 1" screw in the front hole - all stainless #12. I put 5mm lockwashers on them and filed the screw tips flat. The spacers were nylon 1/2" OD x .257" ID that came 1" long. I cut the rear two to 3/4" long and the front one to 1/4" long. The license plate mounting area is only 6" wide so I folded the edges of the plate around is leaving only the #'s showing. All parts from Home Depot. Hope that helps. It works great.
http://mail.google.c...190d58a1686f570

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.