Chain slider recommendations

7 replies to this topic
  • John221ex

Posted April 16, 2007 - 05:12 AM

While ripping into the rear end to replace the chain and sprockets, I noticed the top slider is worn through and the bottom guide is cut.
I see Acerbis and UFO, among others, make replacements. Any advantage, besides price over OEM?

je

• Baja Dave

Posted April 16, 2007 - 05:56 AM

I just replaced both with UFO; swingarm guard fit pretty good but the block close to the rear sprocket needed some "convincing" to fit properly; good price though, $38 Cdn for both peices. Not sure about OEM or Acerbis...

• WGP

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:46 AM

TM Designworks are the best......expensive though:eek:

• ncampion

Posted April 16, 2007 - 06:07 PM

Ditto for TM Designworks, last slider you will buy and quiets the chain as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WReckless

Posted April 18, 2007 - 12:40 PM

TM Designworks are the best......expensive though:eek:

word just ordered the chain guide from motorsports.com
$80.00 but worth it
indestructable they say i'll put that to the test

• bg10459

Posted April 18, 2007 - 01:57 PM

Check out my indestructible custom guide that uses the stock rub block. It took me a few hours to complete, but machining took the most time. The basic frame was complete within 1 hour with a band saw and a belt sander.

Let me know if you think it's cool because I was thinking of water jetting a whole sheet of them. I'm also considering just offering the outside plate as protection for the stocker.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• WReckless

Posted April 18, 2007 - 02:00 PM

as we say in my country veeery niiice

• bvd

Posted May 26, 2007 - 05:33 PM

word just ordered the chain guide from motorsports.com
$80.00 but worth it
indestructable they say i'll put that to the test

what did you buy? is it indestructible? I need a new one for my 05 Wr450...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.