More Power

2 replies to this topic
  • Joseph Byrd

Posted April 16, 2007 - 04:40 AM

I have an 6 month old XR650R, to which I have installed the power up kit. (manifold, airbox, exhaust and jets) It certainly is fast, but it seems soft on the bottom end. Of course when you hit the top end it really goes. What I would like is information on boosting the bottom end power even at the expense of top end. I play bike and ride in the woods, I know, that isn't what the bike is intended for, but it suits me; besides the soft bottom end power. Any thoughts??? Joe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeky

Posted April 16, 2007 - 04:46 AM

An Edelbrock carburetor will provide throttle response and low end snap that will have you hanging on tight. Also, opening up the muffler has probably cost you some low end.

• jesusgatos

Posted April 16, 2007 - 07:36 AM

Yup. Edelbrock pumper carb REALLY helped the low-end and throttle response on my 650R

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.